Founded in 2016, Best Beginner Motorcycles is a content website focused on curating reviews, overviews, how-to’s, and other content geared for new or soon-to-be new motorcycle riders.
Audience & Traffic
- More than 3 million pageviews per year
I am the editorial lead for BBM, providing high-level content strategy and SEO direction for the website. I also publish content to BBM and will be increasing my rate of production for BBM moving forward.
Recently Published BBM Content
- How To Push Start (Bump Start / Pop Start) A MotorcycleQuick Navigation Motorcycle Won’t Start? Check these First! How to Push Start a Motorcycle How-to Video Helpful Tips in Push Starting your Bike Conclusion It was 25°c outside (about 77°F for my American friends), the sun was shining, and my wife and I were ready to ride. I’m riding MOTGATT today (I know, I know, ... The post How To Push Start (Bump Start / Pop Start) A Motorcycle appeared first on BestBeginnerMotorcycles. Read more »
- Bell RS-2 Full-Face Helmet: A Great Mid-Range Helmet for New RidersThe RS-2 is Bell’s evolution of their wildly popular RS-1, and features numerous improvements compared to the outgoing model. It’s sleeker, better vented, and incorporates a new face shield and sun visor. It’s also claimed to be lighter, quieter, and easier to live with. On paper, the RS-2 is not so much an evolution of ... The post Bell RS-2 Full-Face Helmet: A Great Mid-Range Helmet for New Riders appeared first on BestBeginnerMotorcycles. Read more »
- A Brief Guide to Motorcycle Coolant: Operating Temperatures, Change Frequency, & MoreLiquid-cooled motorcycles use coolant (also referred to as antifreeze) to keep their engines within safe operating temperatures. This system requires periodic maintenance, especially as your bike accumulates mileage. If your bike is older, or if you recently purchased a higher-mileage used bike, there’s also a good chance that the coolant/cooling system would benefit from a ... The post A Brief Guide to Motorcycle Coolant: Operating Temperatures, Change Frequency, & More appeared first on BestBeginnerMotorcycles. Read more »
- Why The Yamaha 2007+ FZ6 Fazer is a Great First Bike for Most RidersFrom 2004 to 2010, Yamaha sold the FZ6 Fazer, a sport-touring motorcycle that featured a detuned R6 engine (circa 2003) and sporty styling, but with a more comfortable and ergonomically-friendly riding position. As the owner of a 2007 FZ6 in Yamaha 50th Anniversary colors, I’m happy to write an article extolling its virtues. If you’re reading this ... The post Why The Yamaha 2007+ FZ6 Fazer is a Great First Bike for Most Riders appeared first on… Read more »
- 2018 Kawasaki Z650: First Ride/ReviewSummary Introduced for the 2017 model year, the 2018 Z650 offers thrilling performance, easy handling, and lightweight maneuverability. New riders won’t have to worry about outgrowing the power too soon, but they should be careful: this “small” Z has more than enough power to be daring… and dangerous. Highly recommended for fans of naked bikes ... The post 2018 Kawasaki Z650: First Ride/Review appeared first on BestBeginnerMotorcycles. Read more »
- Kawasaki Z125 Pro: a Lightweight Streetfighter for New RidersThe media hub at AIMExpo 2018 – America’s largest and most significant motorcycle show – is electric. Media, vendors, and major brands from all over North America – and the world – have come in droves to showcase what’s new for 2018. Among them, perfect for new riders (and BestBeginnerMotorcycles.com), is the 2018 Kawasaki Z125 ... The post Kawasaki Z125 Pro: a Lightweight Streetfighter for New Riders appeared first on BestBeginnerMotorcycles. Read more »