webBikeWorld was founded in 2000 by Rick Korchak. It is the web’s largest source of 100% unbiased motorcycle gear reviews, with more than 2,500 reviews to date.
Sadly, Rick passed away in 2018. It is my privilege to continue to grow and contribute to his legacy.
Audience & Traffic
I am currently the managing editor for webBikeWorld and direct overall content direction as well as contribute content and reviews of my own.
Check out my author profile on webBikeWorld.com. My latest 10 posts are displayed in the feed below.
Recently Published wBW Content
- Forecefield Sport Shirt 1 & Sport Pants 1 ReviewQuick specs: Retail price: $219 (shirt, with armor) / $199 (pants, with armor), CE level 1/2 armor (see full review) Early May I received the Forcefield Sport Shirt 1 X-V and Sport Pants 1 from Motonation, the North American distributor for a few popular brands including Forcefield, SIDI, and Trilobite (as well as their house brand, Motonation Apparel). I viewed the Forcefield combo as a way to make up for the fact that I ride… Read more »
- NEXX X.Vilitur Review: NEXX’s First Modular HelmetQuick Specs $499 / Intermediate Oval (Neutral bias) / 3.83lbs / 1,737g Note: NEXX provided this X.VILITUR at no cost for the purpose of this review. NEXX’s First Modular is a Good One Hot off the heels of my SCHUBERTH C4 Pro review is NEXX’s first-ever modular helmet, the long-awaited X.Vilitur. Priced at $499, it sits in the competitive mid-range modular segment, and like other touring-focused helmets, offers a host of built-in features intended to… Read more »
- SCHUBERTH C4 Pro Review (w/ SENA SC1)Quick Specs $699 / Intermediate Oval / 3.9lbs / 1,769g Note: SCHUBERTH and SENA provided the C4 Pro/SC1 respectively for the purposes of this review. Integrated Electronics, a Revised Fit, & Numerous Improvements Make the Pro the C4 to Wear The C4 Pro: the return to form for this venerable German helmet brand. Having heard the criticisms from many regarding the shortcomings of last year’s C4 (now called the “C4 Basic”, read my SCHUBERTH C4… Read more »
- SIDI Performer Air Sport Boots ReviewQuick Specs $225 / Technomicro & Teflon mesh / Sizes 36 – 50 (EU), 6 – 16.5 (USA/CAN) Note: These SIDI Performer Air’s were provided at no-charge by their North American distributor, Motonation. A Solid Entrant in the Mid-Range Sport Boot Segment SIDI. By now you’ve surely heard all about them, but if you haven’t I’ll give you a brief introduction. They opened their doors in 1960 as a footwear manufacturer, focusing on mountain sports,… Read more »
- Scorpion EXO-R710 Review: a True Value SuperstarQuick Specs Under $200 / Intermediate Oval / 3.55lbs / 1,610g A $200 SNELL/DOT-Certified Bargain, & My New Full Face Value Pick The Scorpion website proclaims the EXO-R710 to be the best fiberglass helmet you can buy for its $200 price point, and I have to say that I can get on board with that claim. The fact is that I haven’t worn, tested, or ridden in every $200 fiberglass helmet out there (though I’ve… Read more »
- Halley’s Helmet Stand & Rack Help Helmets Strut Their StuffI gotta say, I didn’t think that when I sat down to write this review that the angle I’d take would be one of sex appeal and beauty. Yet, here I am about to write exactly that… about helmet stands, of all things. Disclosure: Halley sent me their helmet stands at no cost for the purposes of this review. Please see our review policies page to learn more about how we engage brands. The short version… Read more »
- Best Full Face Motorcycle Helmets [2019 Update]Updated June 2019 to reflect replacing Scorpion EXO-T1200 with Scorpion EXO-R710. Our Top Picks Best Overall Shoei RF-1200 Best Value Scorpion EXO-R710 Fully Loaded NEXX XT1 Carbon Zero Helmet Other great options: Bell Vortex, Bell Qualifier DLX, AGV Corsa R If you’re in the market for a helmet that will provide you with the best protection available, a full face helmet is the route to go. These helmets are designed to not only protect just… Read more »
- Best Modular Helmets [2019 Edition]Updated February, 2019 Our Top Picks Best Overall Shoei Neotec II Best Value Scorpion EXO-AT950 Fully Loaded SCHUBERTH C4 Pro Other great options: AGV Sportmodular Carbon, HJC IS-Max 2, Nolan N100-5 Updated June 2019 to reflect the replacement of the C4 with the C4 Pro. Last year around this time we first published our recommended modular helmet article. Today we update it, taking into consideration a year’s worth of new products and testing. Most of the helmets… Read more »
- Gear Guide: Best Half HelmetsUpdated February, 2019 Our Top Picks Best Overall Bell Rogue Best Value HJC IS-Cruiser Fully Loaded Scorpion EXO Covert Helmet Other great options: Fly 9mm, AFX FX-70 Flag, GMax GM65 Half helmets were mainly popular in the 1960s in the British Isles. These helmets were sometimes referred to as Pudding Basins or as a Shorty. They rock a design similar to that of an open face helmet, sharing the same bowl shape but lacking the… Read more »
- Introducing Our Newest Affiliate Partner, 2Wheel.comHi everyone, WebBikeWorld.com has recently partnered with 2Wheel.com. 2Wheel is now one of our affiliate partners, joining Amazon and RevZilla. In the interests of transparency, I’d like to outline our relationship with 2Wheel so that you are aware of the scope of our affiliation with them. First, What is an “Affiliate Relationship”? Simply put, when you purchase an item from 2Wheel (or RevZilla/Amazon) via one of the links on our website, we may receive a… Read more »